Harrington Cancer Center is committed to helping patients transition from cancer diagnosis to wellness and to address their unique needs during the stage of cancer and beyond. The goal of the program is to equip our patients to enter the period of survivorship with the knowledge and resources to make healthy choices that minimize the risk of recurrence and maximize quality of life.
Survivorship Program Components:
- Assessment of physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs
- Review of medical history and physical examination
- Patient will be given treatment summary and survivorship care plan
Prevention and Wellness
- Health education related to nutrition, exercise and smoking cessation
- Cancer Rehabilitation, 12 – week program at BSA Outpatient Therapy Services
- Monitoring for cancer recurrence, secondary malignancies and late treatment side effects
- Coordination between primary care physicians, specialists and support services
Now offering Health & Wellness classes for survivors Including:
- Art Group
- Music Therapy
- Oncology Massage Therapy
- Painting Classes
- Nutrition Classes & Cooking Demonstrations
- Financial Classes
- Outdoor Activities
For more information about the Survivorship Program, please call 806-331-2400.
The Harrington Cancer Center recommends the 24 Hours in the Canyon Cancer Survivorship Center to all cancer survivors. 24 Hours in the Canyon Cancer Survivorship Center is a free resource for cancer survivors, which focuses on transitioning patients from cancer treatment to wellness.
Amarillo, TX 79109
This Program is Made Possible by:
For more information, visit www.24hoursinthecanyon.org